This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago...
Job Vacancy as a Coordinator at the US Embassy in Kampala
at US Embassy in Kampala
Job Title: Homestay Coordinator
Reports to: Peace Corps Training Manager
Opening Date May 16, 2011
Closing Date: May 23, 2011
Position Classification: Part-time Services Contract: July – October 2011
The Peace Corps is an agency of the United States Government, which sends American Volunteer development workers to assist in capacity building and technical assistance activities in over 70 countries worldwide. Peace Corps Uganda invites applicants for the position listed above which is based in Kampala, Uganda.
Identify, recruit host families in sufficient number to house one Trainee for each household, meeting the required Peace Corps Uganda criteria; with Training Manager, determine necessary allowances and material inputs necessary for homestay families; Maintain all homestay files and records; Design and coordinate homestay orientation sessions and any activities during Pre-service training which directly address homestay families; Ensure that homestay families understand responsibilities under the homestay program; Enter into agreements with responsible host family members; Visit all homestay families periodically during PST to detect and respond to any identified problems. Conduct Evaluations.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. At least a degree in the area of specialization ( Education , Adult Education, Community Development, Social Sciences, Humanities)
2. Ability to speak a local Ugandan language.
3. Ability to train in community integration skills and knowledge of participatory training techniques like PRA, appreciative inquiry and translation of theory into practice.
4. Good interpersonal and counseling skills, excellent communication skills in English and public speaking skills.
5. Conversant with local governance structures and protocol.
6. Experience with working with people from foreign cultures.
7. Knowledge of MOEs, MoH, Health NGOs structures and operations in Uganda and/or HIV /AIDS prevention and care( added advantage).
8. Experience in adult education training and community development.
9. Good interpersonal and counseling skills with excellent communication skills in English and at least one Ugandan language
10. Computer knowledge of Excel and MS Word
HOW TO APPLY
A. Please submit a letter of interest, resume and any other documentation that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above. Also, send names and contact information for three references.
B. Attach an original copy of a reference letter from your area Local Council (LC).
Submitted documents become the property of the Peace Corps and will not be returned. You will be contacted ONLY if you are deemed qualified and invited for an interview.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Peace Corps Uganda
Plot 53 Prince Charles Road
P. O. Box 29348
Hand delivered applications are acceptable
Recent jobs at US Embassy
Surveillance Detection Coordinator at US Embassy in Kigali 22-01-2013
Audio Visual Technician at US Embassy in Kampala 22-01-2013
Cooperative Agreement Specialist at US Embassy in Nairobi 16-01-2013
Truck Driver at US Embassy in Nairobi 16-01-2013
Consular Assistant at US Embassy in Kigali 16-01-2013