US Embassy Job Vacancy as Logistics Coordinator in Rwanda
at US Embassy in Kigali
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
Location: U.S. Embassy, Kigali
Opening Date: May 26, 2011
Closing Date: June 16, 2011
Work Hours: Full Time; 40 hours/week
Salary: *Ordinarily Resident (OR) RWF 5,964,917 (FSN-7)*Not-Ordinary Resident (NOR): USD 39,994 (FP-7- Final step to be Determined by Washington)
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION. APPLICANTS NOT CONTACTED WITHIN 30 DAYS SHOULD CONSIDER THEIR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL. APPLICANTS INTERVIEWED WILL BE ADVISED OF THE RESULTS OF THE INTERVIEW.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) with the U.S. Embassy in Kigali, Rwanda is seeking an individual for the position of Logistics Coordinator.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Under the supervision of Senior Administration and Management specialist, the CDC logistics coordinator is responsible for coordinating overall logistics operations for CDC Rwanda office, including overseeing motor pool, property management and shipping and receiving activities. The incumbent coordinates with Embassy and other organizations’ staff to ensure that the CDC office runs efficiently and effectively.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available at the Human Resources Office.
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item* 1. Completion of Secondary School is required. Must have at minimum a valid “B” and “D” driver’s license for operating automobiles/vans. * 2. At least three years professional experience in logistics, property inventory or motor pool, some supervisory experience, some familiarity with security procedures and experience, required. Must also have at least five years of driving experience. * 3. English Level III, French Level III and fluency in Kinyarwanda, required. * 4. Must have knowledge of international organizations administrative policies and regulations. Requires a functional understanding of general office management procedures as well as functions of the positions supervised and collaborating ones (Administrative and Procurement Assistant, Finance assistant). Must have a good working knowledge of security handling procedures, and of the organization’s functions and personnel of CDC/GAP-Rwanda. Must have thorough knowledge of standard vehicle usage policy. Must be familiar with key locations both in Kigali city and up-country. Very good knowledge of data analysis to demonstrate vehicle usage and drivers time worked is required. Knowledge of data management, storage and property management tools is required. * 5. Due to high volume of activities at CDC/GAP Rwanda, must be capable of managing various tasks simultaneously, such as responding to several requests, and prioritizing and maintaining a high level of efficiency. Must have skills to plan and organize vehicle dispatches and allot drivers’ time to maximize efficiency and capacity to respond. Must be able to plan activities well in advance, especially generator and vehicle maintenance and coordinate various schedules in advance to assure adequate power and generator fuel is acquired. Must have excellent supervisory skills to oversee activities of approximately 5 drivers. Also, must have mechanical skills to assess problems with generators and vehicles and to determine and recommend corrective actions. Must have property and storage management skills to perform in a rapid and concise manner quarterly and annual inventory. Knowledge of Computer office software, particularly Excel spreadsheet, pivot table is required. Word and Power Point is also required. Must have good analytic skills to deal with motor pool, property management surveys when required and make appropriate recommendations.
When equally qualified, US Citizen Eligible Family Members (AEFMs) and U.S. Veterans will be given preference. Therefore, it is essential that in the application the candidate fully address the required qualifications above.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Currently employed US Citizens EFMs who hold a FMA appointment are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
4. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the 90 calendar days of their employment, unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174); or
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see Appendix B); or
3. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 -24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; plus
4. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION BY HAND TO:
Human Resources Office
2657 Avenue de la Gendarmerie
B.P. 28 Kigali
OR BY EMAIL TO:
(Include in the subject line) Logistics Coordinator
Point of Contact
Javan Kajyambere, HRS
Ana Stevenson, HRA
Tel: +250- 596400 ext.: 2733, 2588
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION June 16, 2011
Recent jobs at US Embassy