This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago...
US Embassy Jobs Vacancy in Kampala - Acquisition & Assistance Assistant
at US Embassy in Kampala
JOB TITLE: Acquisition & Assistance Assistant (Multiple)
POSITION LOCATION: USAID, Office of Acquisition &Assistance
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
POSITION GRADE: FSN-9 (Ugshs.42,803,622 to 61,854,764 p.a. inclusive of allowances).
USAID/Uganda is recruiting qualified Ugandans to fill the position of Acquisition & Assistance Assistant.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
The incumbent performs technical and procurement management work that supports the USAID/Uganda Acquisition & Assistance (A&A) team. Technical work involves supporting the preparation, control, and review of procurement documents and reports related to planning strategies and appropriate solicitation documents, conducting the analysis, evaluation, and negotiation of a wide variety of acquisition and assistance documents; maintains various procurement files and responsible for the distribution and follow-up of official copies of A&A documents to permit the implementation and payment actions; or perform other similar work in support of implementation and operation of mission programs.
This position is a part of an established career ladder, which provides for the potential to progress to the FSN-10 and, subsequently, to the FSN-11 grade level. Promotion to the FSN-10 and to the target FSN-11 grade levels is expected, and failure to achieve that higher level of performance may be the basis for reassignment, change to lower grade, or dismissal.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available on http://www.kampala.usembassy.gov/
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education Required: Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, such as business administration, economics, finance, marketing, commerce, accounting, international trade, industrial management, law or other related field. Possession of a Master’s of Business Administration, Master of Arts or Master of Science in related field highly desirable.
2. Work Experience: Three or more years in a progressively responsible work situation. One year of this experience must have been gained in an acquisition or assistance related field.
3. Language Requirement: This position requires Level IV (fluency) in both written and spoken English. Knowledge of additional languages common in Uganda is desired.
4. Knowledge: Knowledge of public and/or private-sector business processes, or the ability to quickly gain such knowledge. An understanding of US Federal and USAID Acquisition Regulations, or knowledge and understanding of how to execute and administer a complex acquisition portfolio, is desired, particularly as it relates to acquisition through methods of negotiation, sealed bidding, small purchase procedures, and that result in standard and established contract types. A basic understanding of Regional markets pertaining to program and project requirements for services and commodities, and a good knowledge and understanding of US market and pricing methods is desirable.
5. Skills and Abilities: This position requires good organizational, analytical, negotiating, and time management skills, with strong proofreading skills and attention to detail also required. The potential to acquire the ability to plan and administer acquisition activities, and provide acquisition assistance and support for Agency programs and projects in a timely manner. The potential to gain the ability to apply contracting regulations, procedures, and policies to individual acquisition and assistance programs. The ability to work calmly, tactfully, and effectively under pressure is essential, as well as the ability to maintain strict CONFIDENTIALITY AND HIGH ETHICAL STANDARDS throughout all phases of acquisition and assistance actions. An ability to deal effectively with high-level representatives of the U.S. and Regional business community, with senior managers in the USAID Mission and with senior level host government representatives is required.
This position requires solid computer skills to utilize public, high-visibility, externally monitored electronic resources via the web, especially those pertaining to procurement related topics and those used to generate awards.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should include the following documentation
(i) A completed and signed Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174) - http://kampala.usembassy.gov/job_opportunites.html;
(ii) Application letter clearly specifying the position for which you are applying;
(iii) A Curriculum Vitae/Resume;
(iv) Copies of Academic Transcripts;
(v) Names, contact numbers, and addresses of three (3) professional references.
Submitted applications and documents become the property of the Embassy and will not be returned.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
1. By mail:
Human Resources Office
Plot 1577 Ggaba Road
P. O. Box 7007, Kampala
2. By Fax:
0414-341-863 - ATTENTION: HR
3. Or by e-mail:
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: May 21, 2012
Recent jobs at US Embassy
Surveillance Detection Coordinator at US Embassy in Kigali 22-01-2013
Audio Visual Technician at US Embassy in Kampala 22-01-2013
Cooperative Agreement Specialist at US Embassy in Nairobi 16-01-2013
Truck Driver at US Embassy in Nairobi 16-01-2013
Consular Assistant at US Embassy in Kigali 16-01-2013