This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago...
African Initiatives for relief and Development Jobs Vacancy in Kampala
at African Initiatives for relief and Development in Kampala
Job Title: Construction Engineer
Category: Engineering & Construction
Location: Rwamwanja, Uganda
Employment Type: Contract/Temporary
AIRD is a non-governmental, non-political, non religious and nonprofit making humanitarian organization with the main objective of promoting protection and seeking durable solutions for Refugees & IDPs in Africa in partnership with key stakeholders as well as build capacity while focusing on health, education, agriculture, water, sanitation, income generation, transport/logistics & basic infrastructures. AIRD/UNHCR Project seeks to recruit a person with integrity, dedication and commitment for the vacant positions below for its emergency program in the South Western Region.
Applications are therefore invited from suitable qualified interested persons (Ugandan) to fill the vacant post of Construction Engineer.
Department: Program department
Duty station: Rwamwanja
Contract Duration: 6 months
Number of vacancy: 1
Duties and responsibilities
• Prepare designs and BOQs from general instruction and preliminary sketches, diagrams or schematics for the construction and renovation of Schools, Offices, Health centers among others, taking into consideration district safety requirements for approval of public building occupancy.
• May recommend modifications and changes for design improvement and simplification.
• Produce complex technical drawings.
• Prepare working drawings from conceptual layout to detailed finished product.
• Monitor and supervise construction works for compliance with designs, checking and coordinating details and dimensions, also ensuring timely project completion.
• Reviews drawings, materials and sample submittals for general conformance with the Uganda Institute of Professional Engineers requirements and design concept and district building regulations in Uganda
• Preparation of design and construction documents and solutions to general and engineering problems.
• Prepare and submit periodic monitoring reports to update the relevant stakeholders
• Perform other related duties as may be require by the supervisor
Experience and Credentials
• At least 3 years work experience in civil works design, construction, structural .engineering with the construction standard in Uganda especially with the various districts.
• Position requires degree or diploma in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
• Computer skills including AutoCAD
• Coordinating multidiscipline teams, particularly in private industry Government or NGO.
• Must possess great communication and interpersonal skills for formal presentations and to maintain cordial working relationship with other parties concerned
• Provides independent general drafting work relating to more complicated areas of the project.
How to Apply
Uganda nationals who meet the above requirements are requested to submit their applications together with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of the certificates under confidential cover quoting on the envelop, the vacancy announcement and the name of the applicant to the below postal address.
The deadline for receiving application is Friday, July 20th 2012; only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Please note that incomplete submissions will be disregarded.
The Admin/ finance Manager
African Initiatives for relief and Development
Plot 289 Ntinda-Nakawa,
Industrial Area P.O. Box 32225,
AIRD Mbarara office, Kamukuzi, BOMA-Kakyekard
Recent jobs at African Initiatives for relief and Development
Fuel and Warehouse Manager at African Initiatives for Relief and Development in Kampala 26-10-2012
Jobs at African Initiatives for relief and Development in Kampala -Logistic Assistance at African Initiatives for relief and Development in Kampala 19-07-2012